|CAREERS IN LEASING|
Our client a leading head lessor seeks a Collections Manager to manage the Collections department and lead and motive a team of collectors liaising with internal and external 3rd party suppliers.
Your role will encompass decreasing delinquency and maximising collected amounts/recovered assets, minimizing losses while ensuring a balanced customer service. You will be responsible for complying with defined service level standards.
• To ensure team is efficient and effective, giving on-going support to Collection Team Leader and Collections Officers.
• Organise, prioritise and delegate workloads.
• Manage the team on a day-to-day basis through given systems and procedures.
• Conduct effective appraisals for all team members.
• Maximize collection of overdue cash flow and minimize bad debt provision.
• Directly supervise all collection processes and procedures to ensure that policies are fulfilled.
• Final Review of Delinquent Debtors File.
• Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly and ad hoc reports for the management with measurements against agreed KPI’s.
• Final Conversation with delinquent debtors, advising of intention to terminate and repossess.
• Issuing appropriate termination notices.
• Ensuring that Customer Agreements are closed down on system correctly.
• Taking all necessary steps to protect the security of company assets.
• Liaising with Repossession Agents to recover/deliver vehicles to appropriate remarketing sites.
• Administration of inventory disposal process.
• Reviewing files with Collections Team Leader/Company Solicitor ensuring appropriate action is being taken on recoveries.
• Liaising with Administrators/Liquidators and Lodging claims on behalf of VFS/attending necessary meetings.
• Monitoring/Reporting Legal Recoveries to Senior Management.
• Attending Monthly Legal Review with Collections Team Leader/Company Solicitor/External Solicitors.
• Undertake any ad hoc tasks/projects to meet business requirements.
• Be responsible for your own health and safety whilst conducting business operations in accordance with Company policy.
• Develop and monitor alternative ways to collect/recover bad debts, liaise with 3rd party lawyers.
• Undertake loss and recovery analysis on a contract by contract and portfolio basis.
• Develop and maintain collection strategy and process
• Support the Team Leader in reviewing highly complex and sensitive cases
• Manage best trade-off between maximum collected amounts and customer experience
• Recruit, develop, train and retain talented people for the team
• Develop a result-oriented working environment within the team
• Proactively ensure training and proper supervision of delinquency management in the team
• Responsible for the compliance with service level standards in the team
• Monitor key responsibilities of direct reports and lead them in the achievement of objectives for their area of responsibility
• Assess and ensure the competency of the Collection Team Leader and Officers and reinforce accountability through Management by Objectives and monitor target achievement
• Organize Best Practices sharing and implementation within the team
• Undertake Remarketing and Asset Management Activities as required and liaise with remarketing team
We are seeking applications from those with experience of leading a collections team in the asset finance sector
Please do not apply if you do not have experience of people leadership in a collections capacity
You must also sensibly & sustainably commutable to our clients West Midlands offices – we are happy to disclose location to suitably qualified applicants
Examples attributes required include :
Integrity and Trust
Learning on the fly
Negotiation & Persuasion
Good judgment and Decision Making
Effective Time Management
Attention to Detail
We are happy to share the detailed job description with appropriately experience & located applicants.
Salary range up to £45,000 + bonus to 10% of salary plus all large company benefits eg life & health cover contributory pension.